Friday 22 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - Day 16 - Flipping

Nev asks: Flipping! Do you flip stuff regularly or sometimes? Big ticket items or smaller high volume stuff?

I quite often flip stuff, both big ticket items and smaller items. For the big-ticket items, I have a snatch list that I use to find unusual items whose value I know, but the seller doesn't. But Fuill, my banker, also has a snatch list for herbs that she uses for inscription, and she constantly buys up cheap herbs. She doesn't mill them all, and keeps some of them for sale when the price is higher, or when there are none of that particular herb for sale. She even buys cheap inks and pigments for later resale. 

Some cheap items I have to resist filling my bank with. When you see woolen cloth at 10% of normal price, it's tempting to weigh in and buy it all up; but the effort of selling it again later better spent on richer pickings. Well, I've learnt that now. All the same the urge for a bargain is strong!

Part of the 20 days of Gold Making series.

No comments:

Post a Comment